RE: filmscanners: Sprintscan 120 and new negative proile scheme

> David, concerning Polaroid's negative profiling plans for the SS 120,
you've
> received some "why bother" and "it's a bad idea" comments from Austin
> Franklin while Isaac Crawford defended the idea.

I'm sorry that I gave the impression that "it's a bad idea".  I don't think
it's a bad idea, I just don't see the merit in it, at least for me.  I do
believe that it will do some people some good, as a starting point.  But to
believe that you can just 'pick your film' and your scan will be perfect, I
think would not be the case, and lead to disappointment.

As a note, I don't believe other vendors are taking this approach, for what
ever reason.  Anyone know if I mistaken about this?

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.