RE: filmscanners: Sprintscan 120 and new negative proile scheme

> > I guess for someone who doesn't want to go beyond pushbutton
> scanning (or as
> > I said above, as a starting point), it is probably better for them.  I'd
> > prefer to lessen the automation, and teach people how to do the
> basics, that
> > way they can get a perfect scan most every time...and rely on
> themselves.
>
> I don't really
> understand what
> you're after... A raw scan every time?

Absolutely not!  I don't do raw scans.  What I was trying to say, was get
the scan right in the scanner driver (setpoints and tonal curves).  Learning
how to use setpoints and tonal adjustments in the scanner driver can go a
LONG way.  Clean negatives goes a long way too ;-)

All tonal adjustments have to be done with high bit data, and for me, that
means in the scanner.  My scanner gets the tonal adjustments downloaded to
it, and performs that on the fly, so only 8 bit data gets send to the PC.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.