RE: filmscanners: Nikon LS-30 Coolscan III makes scratches on negatives

Walter writes ...

> Using the Coolscan III for scanning negatives I
> sometimes notice scratches after the scan.
> ..., processing the last two films I noticed straight
> scratches across the whole film strip.

        A couple of things:

(1)  This scanner will enhance scratches due to film processing (which
generally can happen during the printing phase) which you may not have
noticed before trying to scan them.  A scratch which runs the length
of the film sounds like such a scratch.

(2)  If this scanner came with the "film strip holder", use it instead
... it will also hold the films flatter.

hth ... shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.