RE: filmscanners: LS-4000 - Nikon Scan 3.0 crashes under Win98 SE

>The problem is that the Nikon scanner software (Nikon Scan 3.0) constantly
>crashes, especially
>when I try to use ICE or other advanced features. I'm running Windows 98
>Second Edition.
>Any ideas what might be wrong?

Yes I think these are known problems. Though I do not have LS 4000 but
Coolscan IV it uses the same soft. Mine crashes mostly when cropping is
used. However it never crashed when used as plugin to Photoshop... Also it
is very sensitive to another applications running in the background (Corel,
Outllok, IE Explorer) especially when switching back to Nikonscan window
(W98 SE PII 450 MHZ 380 MB RAM). Scanner color space doesn't work properly
with GEM and not only with it, cropping as mentioned is problem, previewing
image with ICE set on  only - making the tonal correction and then switching
to GEM not ROC will involve ROC as well - you have to redraw the picture to
get the correct colors - which is time consuming , LCH editor Chroma option
doesn't work even when on screen is everything OK etc. I am eagerly looking
forward for the patch.

Vlad

---
Odchozí  zpráva neobsahuje viry.