RE: filmscanners: What is 4,000 scanner quality like in practice.

On Thu, 24 May 2001 11:37:15 -0500  Laurie Solomon (laurie@advancenet.net)
wrote:

> Ok, if that is the case then I stand corrected; but I was under the
> impression that the Coolscan 8000ED has been is continues to be on
> backorder
> such that no one has actually been able to get their hands on one or
> has any
> idea when they will be really available. :-)

Having coincidentally been looking round some dealer sites this am, it
seems that in UK at least nobody really has either - though some will take
your money. And it seems I was wrong, not you - the Polaroid 120 doesn't
appear to be shipping yet, whereas the Nikon8000 is, but you probably
can't actually get one.

May be different in the USA, as you generally get kit released some time
before us Europeans.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner