Re: filmscanners: OT-ish - Ektachrome E100VS

Joel Wilcox wrote:

> Right, but also don't use Velvia, or probably Provia F, or many other
> more saturated films in such light either.  I would use Astia or plain
> old Elitechrome in those circumstances.
>
> Joel W.

Many people know the info I'm providing, probably Joel, as well, but in
case others do not here goes:

Fujichrome Sensia II 100 is the identical film to Fujichrome Astia.

There is some conjecture that Astia has a slightly thicker film base,
but I have been unable to either see it or verify it.

Unless brand name provides you with better self esteem, and therefore
makes you a better photographer, if you are a regular user of these
films, you can have considerable savings by buying the "consumer
version" (Sensia II).  I have yet to note any difference in emulsions
whatsoever.

Fuji is so good with their color balance controls,. I'd be surprised the
films are handled any differently at the manufacturing level or
splitting factory.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.