Re: filmscanners: Nikon Coolscan LS4000 - Peppery scans with Fuji chromes

Tan writes ...

> I seem to have bad luck with scanners. Thank God I bought this
locally
> so I am going to exchange it tomorrow first thing in the morning.

    Please document the problem by scanning a problem slide with the
old unit and its replacement, and then report back to us.  On the face
of simply examining your wwweb posted example, it is difficult to
believe it is the scanner (... the "peppering" is too random ...
location and size ...), and especially when you say it "appears" to be
film specific.
    By all means ... exchange the scanner.  If the retailer accepts
it, it would be the best way to troubleshoot it being a scanner
problem.  If not, I'd begin playing with other slides, and other Fuji
slides which have been developed elsewhere.

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.