filmscanners: OK, Vuescan is driving me nuts

Am I the only one who has problems with the crop outline in Vuescan?  I have
been wondering why it is so incredibly difficult to position correctly.  I
*think* it's mostly due to one aspect of behaviour.  Let's say I'm cropping
an image in Paintshop Pro.  I click and drag to create a rough outline using
the crop tool.  Then I drag the edges (zoomed to 1:1 if necessary) to the
ideal position.  If I grab the side of the crop box, I can only adjust the
side.  If I grab the corner I can move two side at once.  If I click in the
middle I can move the box without resizing.

Vuescan appears to move the whole crop box sometimes when dragging one side.
This makes getting the outline right frustrating or impossible.  The
autocrop doesn't always eliminate strips of black at the edges of a frame,
and including them can greatly affect the exposure.

Has anyone else experienced this?  I'd have to say that the behaviour of the
crop box outline is the most frustrating feature of Vuescan.

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.