Re: filmscanners: Cleaning slides (PEC tips)

> > I've always liked the saying "Never ascribe to malice that which is
> > adequately explained by incompetence."
> Actually, this is already known among adherents of Murphy's Law as the
> Occam's Razor version.

Hi James,

Apologies if someone's already responded to this, but I'm catching up on a
week's worth of the list and haven't seen any replies yet.

Occam's Razor originally stated "Entities should not be multiplied
unnecessarily." It has been interpreted to mean that the simplest
explanation is probably the correct one. The KISS Principle is an extremely
simplified version of this statement (perhaps an example of a meme operating
on itself???).

I've also heard the aphorism you refer to, but I'm not sure where it
originally came from. It's been attributed to Napoleon Bonaparte, among
others.

--
Todd Radel - thr@schwag.org

SCHWAG.ORG - Where Freaks and Geeks Come Together
http://www.schwag.org/

PGP key available at http://www.schwag.org/~thr/pgpkey.txt

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.