Re: filmscanners: VueScan Long Exposure Pass

Steve writes ...

> OK ed I've coughed upo my $40 as I can't get Siverfast to behave
> but I am less than convinced that long exposure isn't a useful
option.

> I've redone my tests and you can see the results at (refresh if
necessary) :

    You can keep your existing installation of Vuescan (with long
exposure) if you simply register it once you have the Reg# ... I
believe you can simply enter the number in the help=>about dialog box.

    Regarding Ed's present fix for over-saturated reds, I haven't
noticed this problem ... but I use color space options which may
undersaturate all colors (which is ok with me), but I also notice you
are scanning E6 ... so the "reds" upgrade doesn't refer to you, and
you can keep your current version.

    Also, with regard to "long exposure", keep in mind it requires a
second pass and perfect registration with the first.  The ghosting
exhibited at your wwwsite may be because it registered properly for
one scan and not another(?)

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.