filmscanners: Medium format in a 35mm scanner?

This is probably (another) dumb question.  I shoot 95% 35mm, but
occasionally shoot 6x7cm.  I am about to buy a 35mm scanner (I have been
sending film out for scans for the last year or so - Photo CD for most,
drum for the most important work), but wondered if anyone has been able
to reposition medium-format film into the film or transparency holder
and take four scans from the film (which would then be stitched together
in Photoshop).

I don't do enough medium format to justify the extra expense of a
medium-format scanner, but I also hate to spend the big bucks for drum
scans of these images.

Thanks for any wisdom!!!!

Greg

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.