RE: filmscanners: Cleaning slides (PEC tips)

jack wrote:
>>Hopefully I'll be able to remove the fingerprint with some careful
>>use of the cloning tool.
>Digital ICE should solve this problem for you.

No, it doesn't, because ****ing Nikon refuse to fix the jaggies problem.
 Until that is fixed, ICE is of exactly zero use to me.  Sorry about the
angry response, but then I am *very* angry about spending AUD$1600 on something
which I had to buy a third party program to get it to work satisfactorily.
 It's a reflection on Nikon not ASF.

I have still received no response from Nikon since their last email saying
"we'll contact Japan about it".  Nikonscan 3.0 doesn't resolve the issue.

Thanks goodness for Vuescan or I'd be so annoyed I'd probably never buy
another Nikon product.

Regards,
Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com