RE: filmscanners: LS4000 and sharpness

Dean wrote:
>Yes, zero should be in the center, but is this the center of the slide
or
>the center of the scan region?  I would prefer the center of the scan
>region.  Also should indicate on the preview  the location of the focus.
>Maybe even have it adjustable there.

All that would be made simpler using a similar method to that already
implemented
in Nikonscan; click on a button, click on a point in the image and that's
where the focus is done.  Sure, you could indicate that point in the preview
if you like.

Ed's suggestion was for a single dimension position presumably across the
whole frame, not the scan region.  Making it relative to the center of the
selected region might make sense, but it could also be confusing.  How about
defaulting the focus to the center of the selected area with an offset ranging
from -1 to +1?  That would slow the scan a bit because it would require
a refocus *after* the preview.

Are scanners other than the Nikons able to set the position of the focus?

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.