Re: filmscanners: Scan for television screen

As you might already know, American televisions use a signal type called
NTSC.  This signal is not directly compatible with either digital or
analogue output from a computer, and requires the signal be converted to
NTSC and RF.  So, the question of importance is not what scanning dpi is
needed for a 21 inch TV, but what method will be used to allow these
images to be available ao they can be displayed on an NTSC television.

If you happen to know anyone who has an Amiga computer, they can be
converted to one of the Amiga graphic formats and the output to an NTSC
VCR for viewing on an American TV set.

Art

Maris V. Lidaka, Sr. wrote:

> My son needs some photos scanned for display on an American television (NOT
> a monitor).  TVs I am aware have screens measured in lines per inch but not
> dpi.
>
> Question:  What dpi should my resulting image be for display on a 21" TV?
>
> Maris Lidaka

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.