Re: filmscanners: Any Polaroid Sprintscan 120 Info

When will Vuescan support be avail.? (I hope Polaroid did not forget Ed in the first 120s).

Asael

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 1:59 PM
Subject: RE: filmscanners: Any Polaroid Sprintscan 120 Info

The Sprintscan 120 IS shipping in limited quantities and we have a considerable back order situation at this time. Some of the participants of this list participated in a limited that concluded about 10 days ago. Some of these folks were Sprintscan 4000 owners; a couple owned the Minolta Dual. One tester is a teacher at the Santa Fe workshops and uses a Imacon Precision II. Another was a production house that currently uses a Kodak 3570(?). This was the only dissatisfied customer as it was not as fast as the 1000 DPI scans they were getting from the Kodak.

 All the testers were very impressed with images sharpness and shadow detail. The Minolta users were particularly amazed with the positive difference in image quality they achieved with the Sprintscan 120. The tester who typically uses the $14,000 Imacon said the Image sharpness was equivalent with only slightly less shadow detail. I have asked him to provide me with sample files showing this. Not bad for more than $10,000 less.

Today I returned from Canada where the President of Lasersoft Imaging and myself trained the Polaroid Canada sales organization as well as two major pan Canadian dealers. The digital guru’s at these organizations have significant pre-press experience and were very impressed with the Silverfast and the value package of the scanner, Silverfast, Binuscan and PolaColor Insight. For them the Sprintscan 120/Silverfast combination in particular was what impressed them.

There have been two “Polaroid Day” open houses in Manhattan. The first was at Photo Care were several were sold of the floor and today B&H is having a Sprintscan 120 day. In the United States many of our dealers catering to pro photographers will be having similar events.

In summary, of all the customers who have used the Sprintscan 120 not one has been disappointed in the quality of the scanned images. Anyone interested in a medium format scanner should certainly put the Sprintscan 120 their list to look at.

And remember if you have any problems you have me to yell at J

David