From:   Charles Platt [mailto:cp@panix.com]
Sent:   Sunday, April 22, 2001 1:18 AM
To:     filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Cc:     cp@panix.com
Subject:        filmscanners: Polaroid 4000 dpi

Having only joined this list recently, I don't know if there's been
discussion on Polaroid vs. Nikon 4000 dpi scanners. Is the list archived
anywhere? If not, can someone tell me if a definitive conclusion was
reached regarding these two scanners?

Incidentally as I understand it the Polaroid is really a Microtek; so I
assume there's no substantial reason to choose either of these over the
other.

I have an aging Polaroid Sprintscan 35, and I want to upgrade for the
higher resolution and better dynamic range. I'm really sick of having to
resort to extreme measures to get rid of noise in shadows.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.