RE: filmscanners: Nikon D1x and LS4000

No one seems to be commenting on the huge difference between these two
images. Film does have a lot of resolution, but it also has a lot of grain.
There is a smoothness and evenness of tone to the D1X that film doesn't
come close to.

I'd love to see two prints from these two images, printed at the same
magnification and print size, about 11x14. That's large enough to be
pushing the resolution of the D1X, and pushing the graininess of the
scanned image. Which would look better, I wonder?

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.