RE: filmscanners: film scanner software

>VueScan are (also in my opinion for beginners) but if you are concern to
learn how to scan pictures try a "pro software" and see who much more you
can get out from your negative or slides.
>Mikael Risedal
>Lund
>Sweden

Mikael, your point is (and should be) well taken. But this is also a little
like saying, "The best car you can buy is a Bentley"--not that a Loyal Swede
would ever *say* that! ;-)

The "sad fact" is that many of us are not yet in the "Bentley" class, nor
even in the "Saab" class. We have to get our *scanning* done with a little
less technology, as it were. Is it "laziness?" No, I don't think so. I
probably work harder to get good scans out of my Scanwit than most people do
to get *any* scans out of higher-priced scanners. If I were making "serious"
money doing it, I'd certainly have to invest serious money in a better
scanner and software.

But I don't, I can't, and so I'll listen carefully when people have better
ideas about how to make my "Chevy" run better. :-) That may account for all
the discussion on Vuescan, too. I may be a "beginner," but don't let it fool
you.

Best regards--LRA