Re: filmscanners: AcerScanwit

Lynn Allen wrote:

> Art wrote:
>

>> some have mentioned that doing this two scan process might lead
>
> to somewhat off registered scans, and if this is the case, it could make an
> inferior IR overlay for dust and scratch removal.
>
> What part and how big a part would resolution and reproduction size play in
> this scenario? Inquiring minds want to know. :-)
>
> Best regards--LRA

I'm just guessing here, but if the scans were slightly off register,
then some of the dust, dirt and scratches wouldn't be removed, while
other good parts of the scan might show lightened areas around those
defects.  I suspect the more you increase the size, the more evident
these defects would be.  I don't know what the resolution issue would
do, as it would probably depend upon under which conditions the film or
transport was more likely to deregister.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.