filmscanners: Filmscanners: Should I replace Artixscan 4000 with the Nikon ?

>From what I saw on Steve's Digicams the new Nikon looks amazing. Does it
really automatically produce such imaculate scans from what can be best
described as well worn originals ?

I have never completely got the hang of removing flaws in PS and it just
takes me forever (around a hour) - it's also quite a strain staring at the
screen looking for every last dust speck. I have loads of slides that I
still wish to scan and the increased colour depth would no doubt be helpful.

Apparently my local shop will flog my Artixscan on commision for just over
£500 to me so I'd have to find about £700-800.

As I see it - if the Nikon really is that good the benefit in the quality
and the saving in my personal time will soon make up for the money. A
firewall card would be nice too.

So just how good is the Nikon - particularly compared to the Artixscan 4000
and the much the same Polaroid SS4000?

Steve

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.