Apache-Talk @lexa.ru

Inet-Admins @info.east.ru

Filmscanners @halftone.co.uk

Security-alerts @yandex-team.ru

nginx-ru @sysoev.ru

      :: Filmscanners

filmscanners: Filmscanners: Should I replace Artixscan 4000 with the Nikon ?

>From what I saw on Steve's Digicams the new Nikon looks amazing. Does it
really automatically produce such imaculate scans from what can be best
described as well worn originals ?

I have never completely got the hang of removing flaws in PS and it just
takes me forever (around a hour) - it's also quite a strain staring at the
screen looking for every last dust speck. I have loads of slides that I
still wish to scan and the increased colour depth would no doubt be helpful.

Apparently my local shop will flog my Artixscan on commision for just over
500 to me so I'd have to find about 700-800.

As I see it - if the Nikon really is that good the benefit in the quality
and the saving in my personal time will soon make up for the money. A
firewall card would be nice too.

So just how good is the Nikon - particularly compared to the Artixscan 4000
and the much the same Polaroid SS4000?

Steve

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.