Re: filmscanners: film flatness in Nikon 4000

Hi Peter,

> Dave King wrote
>
> > I've spent alot of effort learning how to get the best 24x36"
prints
> > possible from an Epson 7000 (it's been fun:), but at no point
along
> > the way have I felt the LS-30 was the weakest link in the chain,
far
> > from it in fact.  I'm sort of amazed it's as good as it is for the
> > money.
>
> Dave, I have a LS-30 too. I knew it was working well after I printed
> an old Ilford Pan F neg at A3 size on my Epson EX -- I thought the
> output was remarkably crisp. That convinced me to commit to the
> digital darkroom.
>
> (My previous experience with this neg had been making bromide
prints.
> Anybody want to buy an EL-Nikkor and a nice Leitz Valoy enlarger?)

That's funny, I have exactly the same enlarger and lens.  Bought it
from my dentist at the tender age of 20 (um, that's 30 years ago, but
who's counting?).  It had been in his attic for years.  I've had it so
long it's become attached.

> What sort of stuff are you scanning to blow up to 24x36? That's
really
> big!

Personal work, I'm not planning to make big prints for my commercial
clients, but ya never know.  I'm scanning a little bit of everything,
K-14, E-6, and C-41, and mostly testing with the 7000 until quite
recently.  Finally have profiles I'm completely satisfied with, and
ordered a bunch of Crane Mueso a few days ago.  The 7000 is a sweetie.

Dave

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.