Re: filmscanners: film flatness in Nikon 4000

Coolscan® Film Scanners:
              The Coolscan IV ED, Super
              Coolscan 4000 ED and Super
              Coolscan 8000 ED, take film
              scanning to a new level by
              offering sharp Scanner Nikkor
              ED optics, a highly accurate
              LED light source, and the
              versatile Nikon Scan® 3.0
              software. These are the first
              scanners to offer Digital
              ICE3, which removes surface
              defects, restores color,
              corrects exposure and
              reduces grain in your scans
              giving photographers,
              graphics professionals and
              others the ability to produce
              perfectly scanned images
              from a wide variety of film
Text copy from Nikon USA site about the scanners:

Sorry Paul Graham
What i have found out when i tested the scanner do that I don't agree with
all text above from Nikon. Why do i have better resolution over the whole
picture with a old Polaroid 35+ scanner???? Without any glass frames.
And to end this discussion:
I think the best way for every one  is:  Find out how good a scanner rely
are by doing a own test,  and compare it, against other scanners on the
market.

Mikael Risedal
Lund
Sweden