filmscanners: Re: LPI for EPSON . Rob, Jon, Austin

Troubleshooting Tip #0216
Scanner resolution for printing

The Line Screen Frequency for EPSON Stylus printers can be calculated using the following formula:

Printing Resolution       1
 ________________    X   ____  = Line Screen Frequency

        3                 2

You should set the MINIMUM scan resolution at 1/3rd of the desired print resolution. For example, for a print resolution of 720dpi, you will need to set the scan resolution to 240dpi or higher. If you are going to increase the size of the printed image then you should scan at a higher dpi resolution.

______________________________

Thank you Austin, Jon, Rob for the information.
I have been looking for this since 3 years ago when I bought my first 750.

BTW ... 1440/3 * 1/2 = 240 !!!!!!!!!!!!! ... why ?
 from their calculations should be 720/3=240 . * 1/2 = 120 ... and they say 240 !!!
Where it is the trick in the calculations ?

Empirically I have used (lacking this information despite my requests to EPSON) 320 dpi to achieve near photography quality with my 750 on A4 glossy paper.

Was I over-shooting or somehow wrong ?
Sincerely.

Ezio

www.lucenti.com  e-photography site