Re: Scanning dpi and epson papers was Re: filmscanners: Repro house

//
I've also experient Mike's post below.
Last time I used Epson Photo paper and Epson original inkset for my
photo work. And I get bored adjusting the correct colour against the
monitor display colour. Every time the Photo Paper I bought from Epson
has slightly difference in base colour. Some time more yellowish and
some time it is white. It is not so consistent in quality.

Now, I switch to Kodak Photo Inkjet Paper which is cost only half price
of Epson and yet it gave me superior quality with combined of HYMN
Inkset pack/made in Hong Kong (I do not know where is the original
source of Ink made from). The print out quality is very very good and
rich in colour feel. It look very real to nature colour because the base
colour of Kodak Paper is whiter than Epson. The Kodak Paper does not
work with Epson Inkset. The ink diffused on print out image.

I use PhotoShop for printing. Here is how I set the printer setting
reference for some one who face the setting problem,
First,
In the printing menu when first kick of printer icon on Photoshop and
check the following settings,
- Space : RGB colour,
- Print Colour Management box is uncheck, (when I checked this box,
then print out colour looks deeper)

In the Epson printer driver and check the menu setting is as follow,
- Media : Photo quality glossy paper,
- Mode : Custom,
- Colour Management : ICM,
- Print quality : 1440dpi,

It is worth try and best of luck.
HT Tin 31st/Mar/2001
//

Michael Moore wrote:

> I've used the Kodak papers on my HP 932C as well as my Epson, and the results
> are always outstanding... much better than any other third party papers I've
> tried... It is worth the try if you are looking for a paper that looks and
> feels like a "real" photo print... It's also less money.
>
> Mike M.
>
> Derek Clarke wrote:
>
> > The trouble being that a 700/740 uses different inks to a 750/1200, which
> > is different again to a 790/870/890/1270/1280/1290!
> >
> > I've never tried to use non-Epson papers because I don't fancy wasting the
> > pack price for a paper that might not work, but then I'm a cowardly
> > custard!
> >
> > miguelmas@qwest.net (Michael Moore) wrote:
> >
> > > Kodak makes an excellent photo weight glossy paper that works just fine
> > > in my
> > > Epson 740....
> > >
> > > Mike M.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.