RE: filmscanners: Vuescan: "device RGB"

shAf previously writes ...

>       Something else has just occurred to me.  My "test"
> was based on a fresh installation of VS7 while my
> LS-2000 is now put away.  That is, my test was based
> on a previously acquired "raw" scan 64bit TIFF,
> and VS7 had no way of knowing which scanner scanned it.

        WRONG!!!  I could have selected my scanner from a list for 'device
mode'.  I still don't think this will change my conclusions, but it
may change something with regard to using the "device" space I have
for my LS-2000.

        ALSO ... Ed informs me no transformation takes place at all if the
color space "device RGB" is chosen.

        Both of these developments together ^may^ change my conclusions.  ...
stay tuned ...

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.