Re: filmscanners: OT-ish Epson 1270, was Repro house..

Photo Glossy Film used to be the premier product in the range, but I'm not
so sure these days. It's officially rated only capable of 720dpi I
believe.

I really like Premium SemiGloss paper and Heavyweight Matte myself. I
tried both of these on an Epson 890 I had briefly , but haven't got around
to trying them on my 1200 yet.

artistic@ampsc.com (Arthur Entlich) wrote:

> Regarding output prints from Epson printers for consideration as
> material for color separations, today I took a closer look at some
> samples of the same image printed on Epson Glossy film versus Premium
> Glossy Photo Paper and Photo Glossy Paper.  Although the difference is
> not huge, the glossy film did provide better detail and deeper, less
> posterized, color.  (the samples were printed with Photo 700/750
> models).
>
> Although the glossy film does cost a minor arm and leg, for repro
> purposes, it might just be worth it.  I wonder if some of this
> increased resolution is because it is so thin that the heads are a bit
> further away from the "paper" surface, allowing for less splatter or
> "velocity related dot gain" (my terms)?  If not, I would be nice if
> Epson could take this film with its coatings and adhere it to a heavier
> bases, since it is vulnerable to kinks.  It is a pretty amazing product
> in terms of print quality, but inappropriate for most applications due
> to its flimsy nature and cost.
>
> Art
>

> Tony Sleep wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 26 Mar 2001 13:45:20 +1000  Rob Geraghty (harper@wordweb.com)
> > wrote:
> >

> >> Obscanning: I have yet to try printing at A3, but do those who have
> > printed
> >> at A3 from 2700dpi scans find the scanning resolution adequate?

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.