filmscanners: Printing A3 from a 2700dpi scan

FYI last night I tried my first A3 (not A3+) print from a 2700dpi scan.
 The image was scanned from 100ASA print film with a Nikon LS30.  The result
is good, but perhaps not as sharp as I'd like - but for a real test I'll
have to do an A3 print from a Provia 100F image.

Taking a 2700dpi scan and setting the output dpi to 240dpi makes the print
size just inside A3, leaving a nice sized border of around 25mm.  Those
with 4000dpi scanners will clearly be able to print more easily to full
bleed A3, but I'm really not at all disappointed.

I'll have to scan a Provia 100F slide on the SS4000 at work and try a comparison
print.

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com