Re: filmscanners: Adobe Elements

I wasn't aware that Mac users needed a simple, introductory  graphics
package. There are a ton of imaging software programs for the Mac,
and many of them are Mac only. Take Graphic Converter, as but one
example of Mac only imaging software. http://www.lemkesoft.com

Programs to analyze gamuts, management of ICC profiles, and all sorts
of color management tools are - for the most part - initially only on
Mac platforms. And this is largely because Microsoft has - for the
most part - neglected color management, and its implications. Their
focus has been elsewhere. Adobe gets around this by programming their
own color management into PS - - to boost the nascent Windows
offering. I'm sure for additional programming cost.

Adobe is firmly dedicated to the Mac platform; all Adobe products
will become "carbonized" by late summer, meaning available to OS X,
as well as OS 9.1. In addition, the new Photoshop V7. will contain
features which will not be available on Windows until at least 6
months later. All of this has been revealed to the public.
Incidentally, the upcoming release of Microsoft Office for (Mac) OS X
will also have features not available on Windows immediately. I
suspect in this case it is because of MS's upcoming release of
"Windows X" which will permit "competitive" features. Not that there
aren't enough features in Office already.

Windows people are only beginning to become involved - as a
mainstream - in image manipulation. Need something simple to start
with, perhaps something simpler than Photoshop LE. But this is good,
because the public in general will acquire imaging knowledge that Mac
people have had for some time. Now, if we could only get repro houses
in the UK educated on CM  - -

Suspect that Adobe's marketing research had found this, and their
reason for dedicating the below to Windows only.

In the entire imaging, multi-media, graphics industry, I don't feel
neglected using a Mac.

If you are doing CAD work in engineering, then it is a different
story. But not in the above industries.

>On Wed, 28 Mar 2001 00:08:23 -0600, Maris V. Lidaka, Sr. wrote:
>
>>For those interested, per CNET:
>>
>>"Adobe recently released Photoshop Elements, a new image editor that
>>combines power with simplicity into a single, low-cost graphics package. Try
>>it out here:
>>
>>http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-10077-108-75428.html
>>
>>Maris
>
>One more Windows only application...
>
>Macintosh users have made Adobe's reputation but they are now treated as
>second class clients. I know what I'm talking about as I'm a Photoshop
>power user since v.2 now working with a buggy 6.0 version...
>
>--
>Have a good day!
>
>Raymond Carles

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.