Re: filmscanners: Windows XP, the good, the bad, the ugh!

Windows XP is getting the best overall reviews I've seen since Win 95,
which might be a bad omen ;-)

Seems it has cleaned itself up quite a bit, while basically stealing a
lot of look and feel from the Mac OS.  I believe it is based upon WIN
2000. I also understand one big problem is that it requires registration
on line, and that it "records" which computer it has been placed on.
There is a problem if you change motherboards or other major components
because the registration process is designed to prevent the OS from
being installed on numerous computers.  You then have to go to
Microsoft, hat in hand, and ask for permission to reinstall on a
"revamped" system.

They are suggesting people who do a lot of work on their systems should
try to get a OEM version which can be installed on numerous computers,
since it is used by computer builders.

Dave King wrote:

> Vat is dis vindows XP?
>
> Dave