RE: filmscanners: Repro house skirmishing (long)

>I found that the surface would "fracture"
>if the paper was flexed in a tight circular curve, looking a bit like
>the "crazing" or cracking of the glaze of an old teacup.

Yes, I had heard of this also; but my idea was specifically in response to
Tony's problem (e.g., making a print of his digital file image so that the
Repro house could then scan it for publication).  Hence, for this purpose, I
do not think that the archival quality of the print really is an important
feature, for starters, nor do I think the print will be handled that roughly
in terms of being flexed into a tight enough arch to cause the "fracturing"
or rectilineation that you are speaking about.  If, indeed, the repro house
personnel do handle the print that roughly, then they would probably do
damage to or scuff up any print - inkjet or photographic - and may even wind
up fracturing the emulsion on a photographic print.

>(Something you Brits can certainly relate to.) ;-)

Senior moment Art?  You are responding to my post not Tony's; and I am not
British.  I am an "ugly American" by birth and nature, who does not use
teacups even for coffee. :-)