filmscanners: HP pigmented inks

Hi all,

I was talking to a high end ink jet salesman who sold both HP and Epson (and other) wide format machines. He said that the HP machine has the better Gamut in their UV resistant inks, than the Epson in their pigmented archival inks.
The interesting thing was that he kept calling them "UV resistant inks", as do HP, and when I asked if he meant pigmented inks, he hinted that it was a blend of dyes and pigments - for greater gamut - and not 100% pigmented.
Now this may not be a problem (some dyes do last an awful long time) and could even be a very clever compromise situation, but it is not a widely publicised situation. What we now need is for Wilhelm Imaging to come out with their data on HP vs. Epson archive life, and then (dye or pigment or mix) we can get an accurate picture.
hope this si not too o/t?
PG

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.