From: Hersch Nitikman [mailto:hersch@silcom.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2001 8:26 PM
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject: RE: filmscanners: Neg film for scanning

I don't believe that Seattle Film Works were the first in that business. The
first I heard of were RGB Color Labs in Hollywood, CA. I used them for many
years, and they did send back a box of slides, a roll of negatives, and a
new roll of film. So far as I know, they still do that, @ about $7.50 for a
36 exposure roll, with Kodak EastmanColor films of ISO speeds of 100, 400
and 500, user's choice, same price. The price was certainly right for what
they give, and the slides provide a 'proof' image for the negatives if you
wish to print them. Other labs have joined in the business since then, and
the Seattle firm has been most aggressive in advertising the consumer
byproduct.  RGB mainly process the film, and make transparency prints from
the negatives, for the movie industry. I always found them straightforward
in all our dealings.
Hersch

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.