Re: filmscanners: Repro house skirmishing (long)

Tony
Ive had a 5x4 film writer since 1995  and its still bashing out trannies
and negs from 35mm upwards.
Results are indeed soft compared with camera made originals but who
actually does compare them side by side?.
Ive scanned damaged originals , repaired them and then output back to
tranny for customers who I know have passed them back to the rightful
owners as the original, totally undetectable !
We regularly make 40x30 inch prints from 6x7cm negatives made on the
film writer
If more unsharp masking is applied than is needed for repro then a neg
will give prints of a very high standard.There is more to it than that
but its all simple stuff rather like riding a bike ,once you know how
its easy !
regards
Michael Wilkinson. 106 Holyhead Road,Ketley, Telford.Shropshire TF 15 DJ
  michael@infocus-photography.co.uk      www.infocus-photography.co.uk
For Trannies and Negs from Digital Files    01952 618986
.