Re: filmscanners: Repro house skirmishing (long)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Sleep" <TonySleep@halftone.co.uk>
To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2001 2:48 PM
Subject: filmscanners: Repro house skirmishing (long)

What you require is a repro house who handle Mac or PC files. If they can do
that then there can be no problem, as long as your profiles match their
profiles.

Once you have found an organisation or organisations able to deal with this
requirement, then you check out their street cred by visiting them. Ask for
the MD and go talk to him/her, explain your requirements and suggest you can
put some work their way.

Then go to your client and suggest he lets you handle all his repro needs.
You can add a few % handling and you get full control over the repro
quality.

Now then, in order to find out where  "Das Image Meister" organisations
exist, you need to to talk to a sundries supplier such as DRG Litho
Supplies, because they will know just about every repro house in the whole
of the British Isles.

Another organisation who most certainly will know, will be a Mac/Pc dealer
in your area.
Yet another organisation worth contacting will most certainly be a company
called Hywater Design, in Cheltenham (look'em up on the web). This company
manufactures "high end drum scanner to Mac/Pc" interfaces (among other
equipment), and are well used to digital capture situations. They will have
a list of all their users and will know who can do what.

Mr Sleep go have a peep...
and once you find....
just think of kind.....
old Dicky...who...
is quite nippy...
to the main thread to stickie....

Buddy Sleepy....
you may not know it....
but I'm a kind of a poet...
and I have a lot of things I want to say....
But when I'm gloomy...
Sleepy won't you listen to me...
Until it's all talked away....

......now then, all the womanless "Yankee doodle dandies" on here should be
well familiar with the above lyrical dittie.
The first individual who can complete the verse, name the composer and also
the singer who made this number his own, I will name as "The Great Gobbo of
2001".

Now thast's a title worth having and not a bad email siggie either.

Richard - The Crooner - Corbett, who was not "off topic" at any stage.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.