Re: filmscanners: Grain in Color negative Film

Dave King wrote:

> It depends on processor and chemistry QC & maintenence also, and this
> contributes to widely varying processing quality even though the exact
> same chemistry may be loaded initially.  Also mini-labs may use 3rd
> party concoctions that aren't as good as Kodak or Fuji.  If you're
> after quality go to the best lab you can find.  The film will be run
> in machines with better temp control, better handling, etc., and
> maintained by techs, not school kids working part time.  It's the most
> critical step after shooting, if you want best quality don't skimp at
> this stage.
>
> Dave

I agree.  I have seen obvious anomalies such as streaking of exposure
range down the roll, caused by dripping/ or irregular agitation on
continuous run developing machines (as opposed to dip and
dunk)-including Kodak's own processing, by the way.  I recommend dip and
dunk and a good lab, to avoid some of these matters.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.