From: owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of Chris Hargens
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2001 6:37 PM
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject: Re: filmscanners: Re: OT messages & OTquestions.

Perhaps OT messages could be revised in the subject title -- instead of
reading "Re: filmscanner ....."
one could insert the words "Re: copyright questions" or something of that
sort. That way those who are interested as well as those who are not
interested can readily identify the topic. I understand that the format "Re:
was such and such no such and such" also signals a change and maintains the
thread, but (it seems to me) there comes a point when it should be made
clear that the thread has broken and another topic has taken primacy. For my
part, I agree with those who suggest that the delete button is usually the
best answer for messages that I'm not interested in. A concise subject
heading makes it all easier.

Chris