Re: filmscanners: Vuescan - Ed Hamrick - Thanks

Cliff Ober wrote:

> Bob,
>
> Extremely well put, and 100% on the mark. Thanks for stating my feelings
> in such a succinct fashion.
>
> Cliff Ober

Perhaps my "condemnation" was somewhat misunderstood.  I was certainly
not condemning Ed for being on this list, or for all the Vuescan
messages, which for me, as a non-user, were OT to my needs.  It just
strikes me that the timing of his leaving were rather auspicious,
considering a week earlier his question about Vuescan improvements
brought this list to generating over 150 messages a day, a rare amount,
and then soon after that he left the list for "too many OT messages".

To me there was a certain irony to that.  Further, in regard to his
users on this list, of which there appear to be a fair number, it seems
it would have been "proper" to have mentioned he had signed off, so they
weren't writing to themselves here, thinking he was still reading, and
he could have created a method to send upgrade notices to this list, or
inform others where to go for them.

Yes, Ed provided much information here, was receptive to a point of
comments and criticism of his software, and is probably overburdened
with work.  I won't argue any of that.  I simply believe he received
quality feedback in return which also had value.

As I said to someone in private email, after being one of the life's of
the party, it is generally good manners to say good-bye when you leave. ;-)

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.