Re: filmscanners: OT & Nikon 4k & ss4k

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Ross" <ross@cgl.ucsf.edu>
To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2001 7:19 PM
Subject: filmscanners: OT & Nikon 4k & ss4k

At last an on topic message.

Nikon are haveing development problems with their software.

I would suggest that this is a good thing because it allows them time to set
up their manufacturing line and get it into a state where volume production
problems will be well sorted by the time a true release date is announced.

I have seen a demo of the 4000 including a 1X and 16X sampling comparison.
The demonstrator was being well grilled by an older cove, someone just like
me really, and by the demonstrators rather furtive responses would appear to
be attempting to hide something from all of there watching.
Certainly it took some effort to persuade him to show a side-by-side
comparison of a 1x and 16x sample.
When he finally gave in it became obvious that their was a substantial tonal
contrast difference between the two samples with the 16x sample looking
decidely soft focus and of substantially lower contrast than the 1x......

I just wonder why.

Richard Corbett

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.