RE: filmscanners: Spritscan 4000 sensor cleaning kit

  • To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
  • Subject: RE: filmscanners: Spritscan 4000 sensor cleaning kit
  • From: "Eli Bowen" <elbow@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 10:46:22 -0800

Since this link doesn't work (at least not for me and apparently for
lots of other people) here is the entire text of the FAQ that the link
is supposed to take you to:

My SprintScan 4000 scanner cycles continuously when I turn it on. What's
wrong? (Ref. #000321-0074)

My SprintScan 4000 scanner continuously repeats the scanning cycle (or
an internal motor is running) when I turn it on. What's wrong?

Solution:

The SCSI selector switch on the back of the scanner may be incorrectly
set. Follow these steps to set it correctly:
Turn off your computer.

Turn off your scanner.

Set the SCSI selector switch on the back of the scanner to a value
between 1 and 6. (Do not use values 0, 7, 8, or 9.) Make sure you select
a value that is not being used by any other SCSI device connected your
computer.

Turn on the scanner.

Turn on your computer.
If the SCSI selector switch is not the problem, contact Polaroid
Technical Support and request that a SprintScan 4000 Cleaning Brush
Accessory, part number CPS 546, be sent to you.

For customers in the US, call 1-800-432-5355 (Mon-Fri, 8am to 8pm EST).

For customers outside the US, find the phone number for your local
Polaroid service by clicking here:
http://www.polaroid.com/service/phone.html