Re: filmscanners: Puzzled about display resolution

When I was trying to get my monitors to match visually, I scanned the
Macbeth Color Checker and made it the wallpaper on both my systems. It made
it easy to see at a glance how far off they were to each other.

It also made for an interesting visual effect when someone first walked
into the room and was confronted with four monitors containing the same
blocks of color.

Any thoughts on the concept of using it for a visual comparison???

I posted this twice, as did Frank.

The Matrox G450, with the latest drivers, now supports dual monitors at
independent resolution on Win2k. It has always supported dual monitor
independent resolution on Win98.

Larry

>I'm in the market for a dual-monitor card but I like my NVIDIA TNT with the
>new Detonator 3 driver which has the numerical gamma - that is the feature
>that has allowed me to match my monitor to my print without software other
>than Corel's "Color Wizard" which is essentially a screen-matching exercise.
>I just tried out the ATI Radeon VE but no gamma control so it's going back.
>Since I don't have an extra slot available it's either the Matrox G450 which
>is better rated, or the NVIDIA GeForce2 MX which uses the Detonator 3 driver
>but doesn't allow independent screen resolutions for my new 19" Trinitron
>and my old Dell SVGA 14 or 15" (unless anyone knows of any others on the
>market for a PC?)

Larry Berman

Web Sites for Artists: http://BermanGraphics.com
Compare Image Compression from the top
Graphics Programs: http://ImageCompress.com
Explore the Art Show Jury process from a web site:
http://ArtShowJury.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.