Re: filmscanners: cleaning neg's, sharpening

Ezio:  With all of the great museums and galleries in Italy, I am sure that you
should be able to find one that has old glass plate negatives and also has done
some restoration work on them.  This is where I would start asking questions to
find the most correct way to solve your problem.

Buona fortuna mi amico.

Gordon Tassi

Ezio wrote:

> Then I saw many doubts rising ... following your advices and I am thinking
> to use compressed air and very soft material (cotton)  only .
>
> I am scared to see the emulsion/gelatine melting down under the action of
> water ...
>
> Sincerely.
>
> Ezio
>
> www.lucenti.com  e-photography site