Re: filmscanners: Gold star for polaroid!

A couple of thousand I would guess. I have a feeling that dust is more of an
issue here than use. I have both the front and back openings covered with
plastic wrap but I work in an unfortunately dusty environment. Unfortunately,
the brush hasn't done the job in my case so I'm shipping the scanner off to
Massachusetts tomorrow. Happily, it's still under warranty. When it gets back
I'll try to design more effective dust prevention.

John M.

Frank Paris wrote:

> I'm just curious. Could you give us a rough estimate of how many scans you
> put through your 4000 before this problem started to develop? I'm guessing
> I've put 400 or 500 slides through mine, so far working flawlessly. Of
> course I realize that's not very many.
>
> Frank Paris
> marshalt@spiritone.com
> http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=62684