RE: filmscanners: Re: GeForce2 MX Graphics Card

Here is a false statement in that review: "The final limitation deals with
the operating system Windows 2000 itself and not the dual display
technology. Windows 2000 has a limitation that prevents two separate
monitors running off the same card from running at different resolutions."
My friend has dual monitors with different resolutions going under Windows
2000 on the Matrox 450. Also there is this statement: "The one problem that
did arise from Matrox's lack of inclusion of a resolution selection utility
was that we could not set individual displays to different resolutions. This
could prove to be a problem in setups where the screen sizes are different.
This problem plauges all other dual display solutions while in Windows
2000." That also is false. There is indeed an interface for setting a
separate display resolution.

Frank Paris
marshalt@spiritone.com
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=62684 >