RE: filmscanners: analog gain

> AFAICR Ed mentioned a while back that he stopped showing the results of
> the
> filters (including clean, sharpen, restore colours) in the preview to
> speed up the preview.  This is IMO a problem since you can't see the
> difference between the different filters until you do a full scan.
>  I'd have to try some filters to be sure - I'm only using the "light"
> setting.

I would be very surprised if the filters worked (or at least was close to
accurate) for anything except the full resolution scan.  If you need to see
the effects of the filters, use the scan from memory function after turning
off storing a file.  When you are happy with the results turn on the file
output of your choice and rescan from memory.

On the other hand, exposure and color correction should be accurate in the
preview and ought to be implemented.  This includes my main suggestion,
correctly displaying the images using color profiles for the display.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.