RE: filmscanners: Re: GeForce2 MX Graphics Card

Colin wrote:
>Thanks Rob. A friend here also suggested looking at a Riva TNT2-M64 32MB,
>but I believe they are "last year's" technology? ;-)

I think that is the chipset on my video card.  Whether it's too old depends
on whether you want to play next year's computer games.  I've never had
a problem with screen resolution since my monitor doesn't handle the maximum
the card can push out anyway.  It's only chasing the speed of computer games
or going for dual monitor technology that really requires new or better
cards.  Having said that, I'm certain that different cards will give a different
quality of display at a given resolution - especially at really high
resolutions.
 I don't have the means to do a side-by-side comparison, but I'm sure that
it's true.  Sadly, none of the reviews I've ever seen in magazines make
much point of the clarity of display when comparing different cards connected
to the same monitor.

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com