filmscanners: RE: Dmax (was: I got a Nikon LS-40 on Loan)

shAF wrote:

> Unfortunately, it is up for debate what any Dmax is for the Nikon
scanners.

This brings up a question I've wanted to ask: is there some place on the Net
(or otherwise) where one can look at  and compare the dynamic-ranges of
current scanners (film or otherwise), and make sense of the numbers in an
intelligent way? STM (seems to me) that the industry would be well-served
with such comparissons--if we can't individually afford the "best," then we
can't...but I'd like to see something that at least makes some sense, and
gives me some indication of what I'm in for on any XYZ scanner.

BTW, like Art I'm taking a few days off (to a warmer clime, hopefully, where
most of the people don't even know what a computer is), and I'd like to ask
a favor:

DON'T SAY ANYTHING FUNNY WITHOUT ME! ;-)

Best regards--LRA