Re: filmscanners: Scanning negatives for archiving

Mike wrote:

>...I TWAIN import this into PShop as a 16 bit raw scan... so it
shows up in PShop as a neg (I am talking color neg ) where I then Invert
(Image>Adjust>Invert), after which I adjust Levels...

Hold it right there, Miguel. :-) I don't use either a Minolta or a Nikon,
but you sure turned on a light bulb, here!

I've really never really known what to do with a Raw Scan (they always
looked too dark to work with, so after the first time, I didn't), but you
seem to handle them in ways I didn't know was possible. It sounds like
you're doing most of the work that a tweakable scan-driver does, in
Photoshop, and getting great and publishable results! I've considered that
(in desperate moments), but haven't worked up the courage (or time) to try.

I, for one, would really like to hear more about this technique and how it's
done.
And anybody who complains it's "off-topic" ... is playing with fire,
bigtime. ;-)

Best regards, and thanks for the idea--LRA