filmscanners: SCSI card not recognized by Win2K - now working

Hi Bill,

IT WORKED PERFECTLY.....

I followed the instructions and the scanner works fine now. Both Insight
and VueScan now see the scanner.

This is the perfect example of how the forum can help solve problems.

Thanks to everyone who helped me get through this.

Larry

>1. Install new drivers for the AdvanSys ABP-3922-00 SCSI card from
>http://www.connectcom.net/downloads/fastultra.html. Connect.com is the new
>name for the AdvanSys site. This installed a driver called Fast Ultra Narrow
>SCSI, which then showed up  properly in Device Manager. Win 2K itself had a
>driver for the AdvanSys card which loaded automatically on setup, but it was
>out-dated.
>
>2. Install new NTASPI32 with the installer from
>http://advansys.com/support/ntwnaspi32.html. A trick here was that the
>Adaptec installer did not work(gave a message that there was no Adaptec card
>on my system). The Polaroid Support staff  and some others advised me to use
>the Adaptec site, but that would never work for me. Also, the AdvanSys CD
>that originally came with my SS4000(December 1999) had  outdated drivers.
>
>In this AdvanSys site, there was a choice of a GUI installer or a simple
>system where you just copy the NTASPI and WNASPI files to two different WIN
>NT folders. I used the GUI and it was all automatic.
>
>3. Now I had the right drivers and ASPI layer, but the scanner was still not
>recognized. I had to physically remove the AdvanSys card and reboot with the
>card out of the system(no longer showed up in the Device Manager). Then I
>shut down, put the AdvanSys card back in, and started up again. Voila! Works
>pefectly so far with the SS4000 using either Vuescan or PolaColor Insight.

Larry Berman

Web Sites for Artists: http://BermanGraphics.com
Compare Image Compression from the top
Graphics Programs: http://ImageCompress.com
Explore the Art Show Jury process from a web site:
http://ArtShowJury.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.