Re: filmscanners: OT: burning CDs/easy cd creator

Eli Bowen wrote:
> The CDs often have errors that
> are not reported by Easy CD Creator; I only find out later when the disk
> stops playing halfway through a song or starts "dropping" chunks of music or
> starts making noises that shouldn't be there. I get this even when playing
> the CD back on the same machine on which it was recorded and even on CDs
> burned at 1X speed.

How would the program know if there is an error on the CD?  Do you have it
set to "verify files" after burning the CD, or is it "finished" after the
burning run (and it reports no errors)?

The programming of the disk is open-loop, it can only tell the drive to
write all this stuff to the disk (and is busy enough just doing that), but
it does have the option to check afterwards (at least for data CD's,
haven't tried for audio ones).  It's in an odd place though, it's in
the file->"CD Layout Properties" menu with a check box for "Automatically
verify file system".

I don't think drives can read-back the data from the disk real-time
while it's being written.  Would be nice, but I don't think they can
do that yet (as some tape-backup drives can do now).

Mike K.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.