Re: filmscanners: VueScan 7.0 Beta 1 Available

In a message dated 3/11/2001 3:33:26 AM EST, mlidaka@ameritech.net writes:

> 1)    On the Crop tab, move "Rotate" and "Mirror" to the right side of the
>  tab as they seem to fit better in that group than in the crop-settings
>  group - I found myself searching for the "Rotate" function several times.

I've moved them to the Device tab since this tab has the most-used options.

>  2)    Change the terms Clean, Scrub, and Scour:  Scrub and Scour to me are
>  the same thing and I get confused as to which is which when I am not
>  actually looking at the options where they are visually lined up.  Since
the
>  option is named "Clean" already, how about "Light, Medium, Heavy" instead
of
>  "Clean, Scrub, Scour"?

I've made this change for the next beta.

>  I also ran into what might be a minor bug twice:  when scanning 2 frames
>  from a filmstrip of 4 it processed the first of the 2 frames twice, though
>  scanning it just once.

This is fixed in the next beta.

>  One additional suggestion I did not see mentioned before - it would be nice
>  if multiple previews were retained for viewing on the Preview Tab, perhaps
>  stacked or with sub-tabs for each.

This will have to wait a while - it would require significant reworking
of the internal workings of VueScan.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.